That feeling...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfr42

Landlord.
Reaction score
When you take a sip of something YOU brewed and it taste better than lots of the comericial drinks out there.

Currently supping my 2nd all grain attempt as my 5th finishes boiling. Still find pints that don't taste as good as my first kit beer (youngs aipa).

Long live the home brew revolution!

Fwiw galaxy hops are AWESOME (I'm sorry this is pint 6 of brew day...)

And then swmbo tells you that your boiling malt gives her a head ache...

Possibly my lowest efficiency to date (pretty sure but will check tomorrow....)

Must separate bottling day, brew day and drinking days....

Six pints in at 4 in the afternoon? that spells disaster for the reminder of the brewday.

Don't forget to add the yeast.

Remembered the yeast, but spilt it!

There seems to be activity this morning, swollen fv lid, so I hopefully got away guiding it back in to the jug with a paper towel...

I maybe should've kept the lucky tag for this brew...

Must separate bottling day, brew day and drinking days....

Haha, I like it!

That's why I start brew day fairly early in the morning, things would likely go pear-shaped if I'd had a few during.

Obviously I have a couple afterwards, just to congratulate myself on making some more delicious beer that will add to my growing man boobs.

I keep seeing the abbreviation "SWMBO" on this forum, it's not one I've come across before. I've figured it means my other half/wife/missus, but I've been wondering what it stands for.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I keep seeing the abbreviation "SWMBO" on this forum, it's not one I've come across before. I've figured it means my other half/wife/missus, but I've been wondering what it stands for.

Can anyone enlighten me?

There's a glossary of acronyms and brewing terms somewhere. Took me a month to figured out what a WOW was on the wine forums.

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

There's a glossary of acronyms and brewing terms somewhere. Took me a month to figured out what a WOW was on the wine forums.

See Glossary tab below -

a88888888.JPG

Just bottled this ag5 after keeping a "gallon" pure adding cherries to a 2nd "gallon" and raspberries as planned to the rest.

Claiming the wheat content as the reason for my low efficiency...

In a kind of hamlet mood "happiness is..."
Tasting my 2nd bottle of ag4 2 weeks in and already loving it (despite the bottle being a bit of a gusher).
Great coffee nose on a big roasty stout and then a subtle chocolate hit aftertaste - awesome. Although the plan was to drink the rest of the stash and leave these for Xmasish time....

Now finishing the incomplete bottle of plain wheat beer and then the cherry version.

Might need to rename this thread wfrs slightly drunk ramblings....

Haha, I like it!

That's why I start brew day fairly early in the morning, things would likely go pear-shaped if I'd had a few during.

Obviously I have a couple afterwards, just to congratulate myself on making some more delicious beer that will add to my growing man boobs.

Very much with Hops on this one, I don't drink until I've finished brewing, bottling and messing with it. I have enough mini-situations to deal with without being piddled to boot.

An early start on a 5-6hrs brewday has to be the way to go? Surely?

Back