Next Kit to try

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purron

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anybody recommend me which kit to try next?

I have currently in the keg a Tom Caxton real ale kit, which is quite pleasant.

I also have conditioning in bottles a Wilko tequila and lime kit.

So my question is what to try next, I would like to know if there are any kits that are clones of McKewans Export?

Cheers,

Lee

Hi guys,

Can anybody recommend me which kit to try next?

I have currently in the keg a Tom Caxton real ale kit, which is quite pleasant.

I also have conditioning in bottles a Wilko tequila and lime kit.

So my question is what to try next, I would like to know if there are any kits that are clones of McKewans Export?

Cheers,

Lee
Get yourself down wilkos at the minute as coopers English bitter is currently £10 a throw,coopers are always a decent kit and you can't go wrong at that price

Try a Scottish heavy kit (Ive just finished my 6month old bottles which were really good)?

Edit after MyQuls prompt: I used the youngs harvest Scottish heavy kit.

Get yourself down wilkos at the minute as coopers English bitter is currently �£10 a throw,coopers are always a decent kit and you can't go wrong at that price
Was in Wilko's yesterday, a few Coopers down in price, Wilko Hoppy Copper down to £8,Just done this one with a few tweaks so cheap enough to experiment with.
Deviating a little but FV's down to £8 as well:thumb:

It's sods law that I walked past wilkos at lunchtime, think I'll be going there tomorrow.

Can anyone clarify what McKewans Export actually is?

Cheers,

Lee

The way I read that wiki page was that 80 shillings is a heavy beer whereas Export is an IPA.

I stand to be corrected tho.

Which leads me on to which IPA should I go for?
Just bought a Coopers English bitter kit from wilkos for £10, happy days

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Scotland

The schilling names are based on the strengths of the beer, which related to the duty paid on the barrel.
Export is an 80/-
Heavy is a 70/-
60/-, 90/- and I believe 100/- are all available too.

Mcewans export is a dark malty beer, they recently released Mcewans ipa to compete with duchers.

Been looking at those too:
http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/beer/kits/beerworks-craft-brewery-series/

Surprised that no one has done a review for any of them - can't seem to find one in the kit reviews section? Anyone made one up - what are they like?

I did a ciderworks kit from them back in late 2014, mixed berry.. Tbf it was very good, I have never done a cider kit before or since (just TCs) but it was good as in on a premium beer kit level good.. If that makes any sense.

Latest posts

Back