wilko offers finished

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to get another Coopers stout tomorrow but looking online they've gone up to £14..
How often do these offers come round?

Cheers
Clint

I was going to get another Coopers stout tomorrow but looking online they've gone up to �£14..

Cheers
Clint
Wilko sales don't seem as frequent as Tesco sales, which seem to be about every three months or so. That said Tesco's sale has not long finished so it may be a few weeks before the next one starts.

Well, Wilko opened a new store in Cambridge today. I went to get some supplies when it opened, and as I was one of the first 50 customers they gave me a £5 gift card and a free barbecue. Result! They had Coopers Stout on the shelf for £10.

Got the misuse to whizz me into town and wait dutifully while I nipped into Wilko. .unfortunately the stout kit is back at £14...but their 3kg wheat beer kit is reduced to £10 so got one to try..

Cheers

Clint

The tequila and lime cerveza and the wheat beer is on offer today. £10 down from £23

I was going to get another Coopers stout tomorrow but looking online they've gone up to ��£14..

Cheers
Clint

Best place is online, got all of my Coopers kits for under �£10 inc postage.

In my experience Wilko show one price online, and another (more expensive) price in store!

I picked up the Wheat Beer and Golden Ale for �£10 in store today - checking online it seems these have been discontinued, along with the Tequila & Lime beer.

The only 3kg 2 can kits Wilko's now stock is Wherry and Courage Directors

Anyone buying the Wheat Beer kit is advised to check that the box contains yeast before purchasing.
When I bought mine from my local store I found three very bashed up boxes with no yeast in two of them. I took the fourth and last one which had yeast.

Yup - yeast was present and correct. Might be tempted to swap it out for the MJ Wheat Yeast though

My local Wilkinsons has Coopers Ginger Beer reduced from £12 to £5.

I popped in today and got a Golden Ale and a Wheat Beer for £10 each. I didn't check for yeast as I'll be using MGJ Workhorse or Mauribrew 514. Funnily enough I'm trying a first bottle of their Golden Ale tomorrow that I got for £15.

I picked up the two can wheat beer today. It does thankfully have the yeast! It's a six gram pack labelled 'Weiss beer yeast'. I'm a newbie - how would this differ from the usual ale yeast supplied with kits?

I picked up the two can wheat beer today. It does thankfully have the yeast! It's a six gram pack labelled 'Weiss beer yeast'. I'm a newbie - how would this differ from the usual ale yeast supplied with kits?

In terms of how you ferment it, not much. Yeasts for wheat beer tend to be less flocculant, and the liquid ones give clove, pepper or bananna flavours. For dried ones, I tried the Coopers one and the Brewferm Wit, and both were pretty neutral, so I'm guessing this one will be too.

Checked my local wilkinsons today, shelves were full apart from two spaces empty where the £10 golden ale and wheat beers are supposed to be.

why not just make your own ginger beer ? its very cheap and easy enough to make

I do that as well but for the sake of a fiver it's an easy one to stick on if needed quickly or like I said above I can use it for experimenting if I want.

Purists may not approve but, hey ho.

Latest posts

Back