Wine cooler to control fermentation temp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale

Reaction score
I am hoping to come into a little money soon which will allow me to spend a bit on equipment. There has been talk on here about fridges and heaters with an STC or equivalent temperature controller. Rather than mess about making things (and in my case probably giving myself an electric shock or causing an electrical fire to burn the house down) I prefer the option of getting a ready made solution.

Wine coolers are a couple of hundred quid and have temperature ranges which can go up to 22 degrees. Seems perfect for brewing with the only oroblem being that it would need more searching to find one that would fit an FV, or an FV that would fit the cooler. One like this sort of thing though is what Im thinking - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...wine-cooler-stainless-steel-10100274-pdt.html

Does anyone use one?

Rather than mess about making things (and in my case probably giving myself an electric shock or causing an electrical fire to burn the house down

If you were to use an Inkbird temperature controllers you wouldnt have to worry about wiring.

You can make a brew fridge quite cheaply using an old fridge a tube heater and a temperature controller.

If you have any questions please ask as quite a few members have made these and they really are the mutts nuts.

Inkbird temperature controllers with 15% off (see picture below) - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64435

attachment.php

81UsgRDLNcL._SX522_.jpg

If I went the Inkbird route I would probably use the heat belt I already have for heating. Would save with faffing about building the shelf as well.

I did not build a shelf I use the original shelfs and a £14 heater
A free cycle fridge
More money for grain/ hops

I did not build a shelf I use the original shelfs and a �£14 heater
A free cycle fridge
More money for grain/ hops
There is a thread on fridges that I cant find now. People on there said that the glass shelves are not always strong enough to take the load of a full FV and can eventually give way.

There is a thread on fridges that I cant find now. People on there said that the glass shelves are not always strong enough to take the load of a full FV and can eventually give way.

Yes your proudly right, I've been lucky so far :whistle:

+1 for Inkbird. About to take delivery of number 3 to take care of my HLT. The other two look after the fermentation fridge and kegerator. They are tooooo easy!

Back