On The Rocks cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddishflint

Reaction score
Hi. About to brew On The Rocks cider kit. It says to add the flavouring sachet to the brew after it's been transferred to another bin after fermentation is complete. Question is, can this flavouring be added at the beginning of fermentation thus saving on transferring to another bin on completion? Thanks in advance.

I know the supermarket juices i use lose a lot of flavour during fermentation so i would say best follow the instructions.

Hi. About to brew On The Rocks cider kit. It says to add the flavouring sachet to the brew after it's been transferred to another bin after fermentation is complete. Question is, can this flavouring be added at the beginning of fermentation thus saving on transferring to another bin on completion? Thanks in advance.

Are you planning on bottling or kegging?

If legging you could perhaps just add it the pressure barrel and stir it in vigorously ?

If bottling then just follow instructions

I have the blueberry version of the on the rocks kit that I just started the other day, so keep us posted what you do:mrgreen:

I followed the instructions and will chuck in the flavouring sachet in with the siphoned off cider in the other bin. Unnecessary potch lol. Bottling it I am. Apple this brew so might try blueberry next.

I followed the instructions and will chuck in the flavouring sachet in with the siphoned off cider in the other bin. Unnecessary potch lol. Bottling it I am. Apple this brew so might try blueberry next.

you prime as as well as adding the flavouring, when you transfer to another bucket though don't you ?

It's been a while since I made one of those kits mind you, I found supermarket juice based turbo cider the way to go :)

Latest posts

Back