Recipe please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cqr

Reaction score
I had a great bottle of bear yesterday
Anyone got a recipe for this

IMG_0177.jpg

I had a go at doing an attemtped clone of this last year. I watched a youtube video of a Fullers brewery tour and luckily found out they quantity and quality of honey they used which I could convert back to a 5 gal batch. I used Cascade hops but I see on their site they say they use First Gold...so have altered recipe accordingly. It came out nice... just enough honey to detect it, but not overwhelm the beer. Note I make all my pale ales ~6%abv adjust accordingly. Important part of the flavour profile is using WLP002 Fullers yeast strain.
23ltrs Batch
5kg Maris Otter
0.5kg wheat malt
0.5kg Carahell (Carapils would do)
0.5kg Rowes Organic Liquid Honey (think its from Brazil , same as Fullers)
20grm Magnum 60mins (for bittering)
30grams First Gold 15mins
25grams First Gold 5 mins
25gram First Gold 0mins
Yeast WLP002.

I did mash around 66.5C, but if I did it again I'd do it nearer 65 C tog et it slightly lighter. Now that I know it is First Gold hops I'll try it again since I've got a load of home grown FG in the freezer.

I had a go at doing an attemtped clone of this last year. I watched a youtube video of a Fullers brewery tour and luckily found out they quantity and quality of honey they used which I could convert back to a 5 gal batch. I used Cascade hops but I see on their site they say they use First Gold...so have altered recipe accordingly. It came out nice... just enough honey to detect it, but not overwhelm the beer. Note I make all my pale ales ~6%abv adjust accordingly. Important part of the flavour profile is using WLP002 Fullers yeast strain.
23ltrs Batch
5kg Maris Otter
0.5kg wheat malt
0.5kg Carahell (Carapils would do)
0.5kg Rowes Organic Liquid Honey (think its from Brazil , same as Fullers)
20grm Magnum 60mins (for bittering)
30grams First Gold 15mins
25grams First Gold 5 mins
25gram First Gold 0mins
Yeast WLP002.

I did mash around 66.5C, but if I did it again I'd do it nearer 65 C tog et it slightly lighter. Now that I know it is First Gold hops I'll try it again since I've got a load of home grown FG in the freezer.
New brewer, and this has been my chosen recipe for the last year. Tried with the Wilko/Lallemand ale yeast, which was a bit dryer, went back to WLP002 because I missed the bittersweet marmalade. Many thanks to TartanSpecial

WLP002 and 1968 aren't great for marmalade - you're much better off with Imperial Pub. Or just harvest the real thing from a bottle of 1845....
WLP002 is enough for me thanks.
Just checked the price of Imperial Pub, and that's too much at my level.

Latest posts

Back