Greg Hughes recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've seen Greg Hughes mentioned a few times on here, checked out my brewing books and it turns out I have it :D. So I had a look through the recipes.

Has anyone tried the Cornish Tin Miner's Ale or the Spring Beer (as its getting Springish) ?

I've done a dozen or so and they're OK for generic recipes. Same problem as Wheeler, though, In that there's little or no reference made to the water. I haven't done Tin Miners, though. Must get round to trying it.

I have done plenty of but usually mess or pimp. Latest was Boddington mild with a few changes.
They are a good base for all older recipes

I am hoping to brew the Rosemary and Vanilla IPA but have a few issues with the recipe in the book, instead of clogging up this thread I have started a new thread here. If anyone is not aware there is also an old thread on this forum which lists various misprints/mistakes that are made in the book along with some corrected amounts suggested by members, I have linked it below as it might come in handy for anyone looking at making one of the affected recipes

Latest posts

Back