• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1BBL Pilot/Hobby Brewery for sale near Gatwick

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
We bought this as a pilot brewery a year ago as a stepping stone hoping to expand to larger premises elsewhere but our sales skills are not up to it, so it would suit someone with better sales skills to try the same or a hobby brewer or brewers or even a pub brewery.
It is currently a going concern Ltd company which you can buy all the Shares, Goodwill and Assets or just equipment only. If you want to operate it from the current premises the rent is paid until the end of the year and can be extended 3 months for £450 PCM after than you would need to confirm a new lease with the landlord which I think he will want to charge £500 PCM. We would be more than happy to help out with your 1st few brews and explain how it all works with HMRC etc. Please send a PM with any questions, to arrange to view or to get contact details. Photos will be added soon

Equipment included:

All brew vessels and fermenters are very high quality, very well insulated and stainless steel and stainless steel clad, manufactured by Elite Stainless Fabrications. Pictures will be added soon.
250L working capacity HLT with 2x3Kw elements 1 has an adjustable thermostat to turn on the day before so the water is ready the next morning.
180L approx Mash tun can take 50Kg grain per batch easily. Removable false bottom and bottom drain. Temp does not change noticeably in a 60 min mash.
200L Approx Boiler with chimney, hop filter and bottom drain.
2 x 200L fermenters with heating and cooling with controllers, maxi chillers and heaters included.
2 x pumps suitable for much larger setups as well as this.
Tubes and fittings all ready to use
Cask Washer with pump and heating element.
Stainless sink on wheels
The above cost around £12,000 new
Stainless grain store
45 Stainless firkin casks worth £55 each
Counter flow Plate chiller
Home made copper pipe counter flow chiller
Filling cabinet
Shelving
Under counter size chest Freezer
Fridge freezer
Hydrometers
A lot of ingredients and chemicals
bits and bobs, small equipment, etc, etc, everything needed to brew and rack 4 firkins twice a week

Sorry to hear it didn't work out as planned for you, you kindly PM'd me a while back saying I'd be welcome to come look around which I intended to do but sadly never got around to (and rudely didn't reply...sorry).

I've just accepted a job overseas otherwise would have been possibly interested. Anyway, hope you manage to find someone to take it on.

Latest posts

Back