1L bottles ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin_B

Resident Village Philosopher
Reaction score
Hi all -- I'm looking for a good lead on good quality and affordable one litre swing top bottles.

I've ordered and used the following one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NRRYPWW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

But the quality is questionable. According to the manufacturer they can withstand 4 bar, and that's really pathetic. I've had multiple bottles break on me from brews.

Any tips appreciated. Want to use bottles like this for a cider, which I intend to carbonate with a sodastream.

Last edited by a moderator:
M&S sell glass swing tops of different lemonades. I think they are 1l. Can't remember the price but iirc it's pretty reasonable considering the bottle. Also they are sometimes on offer at 3 for £5. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ikea sell 1l swing tops, if you have a local store you could buy 1 or 2 to check them out before investing in a load.

M&S sell glass swing tops of different lemonades. I think they are 1l. Can't remember the price but iirc it's pretty reasonable considering the bottle. Also they are sometimes on offer at 3 for £5. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are 750ml
I always tell swmbo and my daughter to get them as "you never know when you will run out of juice" 😉

Aldi do a fizzy pop in swing tops, have a few of them. and have had no issue in about three brews throught them. think they are about 1.80 ish filled withe either lemonade or orange.

According to the manufacturer they can withstand 4 bar, and that's really pathetic. I've had multiple bottles break on me from brews.

4 bar is about 58psi, which should be enough for any beer, from what I've read on t'interweb.
Perhaps you've had a poor batch.
I'm not so sure about the square shape - surely there is an inherent weakness in the shape.

I've got a load of these from my local he just throws them out otherwise. They work a treat and if they can hold Prosecco they be fine with any beer.

PA0MNVSN.JPG

4 bar is about 58psi, which should be enough for any beer, from what I've read on t'interweb.
Perhaps you've had a poor batch.
I'm not so sure about the square shape - surely there is an inherent weakness in the shape.

Possible. I've had four of them crack on me in two different batches and they weren't badly brewed overprimed plonks. For the last one I released pressure from them as a precaution.

When I complained to the manufacturer they assured me the bottles were good for 4 bar and sent me two new bottles as a good Will gesture. But an Amazon reviewer had the same complaint. So not sure.

Thanks @davejhs -- will look into them.

Latest posts

Back