8 week old all grain kit still not brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought a couple of all grain kits a couple of months ago, (might be longer) that I still haven't brewed cause other things got in the way. Would they stiil be ok to brew. Its all been kept dry in the box but I haven't stored the yeast in the fridge or the hops in the freezer. Anyone help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Yes it should be ok but the lesson is take out the yeast and hops and fridge in case it is as long again it just gives you that peace of mind and be beneficial for the hops and yeast.
Can not see a problem at all good luck

Hi everyone, I bought a couple of all grain kits a couple of months ago, (might be longer) that I still haven't brewed cause other things got in the way. Would they stiil be ok to brew. Its all been kept dry in the box but I haven't stored the yeast in the fridge or the hops in the freezer. Anyone help would be appreciated. Cheers.
I sure hope so. I have one that's 6 months old that I am yet to brew.

It still worked? I feel a prat now for chucking out my year old 0-4 packets!
I dunno, a couple of times this year I've used out of date dry yeast, both times with a vitality starter - first one worked out fine...

...but the second one ended up with a very slow fermentation that took a lot longer than normal to finish off and reach FG, and the beer was very "meh".

So it can work but I wouldn't personally make a habit of it 🍻

Hi everyone, just an update. I'm drinking the beer now(darkrock the bosses boss) that I was worried about being out of date. Its lovely. Strong but lovely. I'll have to slow down though cause I've still got to make the kids tea. Cheers.

I keep mine in the freezer. Used a sour pitch a year out of date last week, it was fine.
Yes, I've still got an 80 shilling to brew aswell. Got the hops in the freezer and the yeast in the fridge. Probably won't be brewing it till next year now. Got no time. Cheers.

Back