A purchase on ebay lead to a good homebrew chat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure whats allowed in terms of plugging businesses so will leave out specific names for the time being.

Just thought I would share my experience of my ebay purchase for a second hand hop spider i bought recently. Having won the bidding i paid and messaged to see when i could pick it up.

Turns out it was a microbrewery in Bishop's Stortford that was selling off some old kit. Said i was welcome to collect any point but their bottle shop opens frodays and weekends.

I collected it after work and not only did we have a good chat about brewing, he gave me a quick tour, showed me their equipment and talked me through a couple of their processes. Gave me some samples of their wheat beer, which was amazing, and even gave me some out of the fermentor to try.

He talked me through as a homebrewer what decoction mashing would help with on a wheat beer and also said if i ever want any feedback on my beer

Its called the Belgian Brewer in Bishop's Stortford. They do (obviously) belgian styles and their mash takes 4 hours per brew...

Only been going 6 months or so with bottle shop open fridays and bar open Saturday and Sunday's.

I can personally recomend the wheat beer and Saison so far. Got their Raspberry fruit beer to try and their tripel.

Latest posts

Back