Ace system question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewery21

Reaction score
Hello all for any one with the ace did you get that problem with it not recognising it's at the boil and not starting the step/timer. If so I'm guessing increase the temp calibration by one or two degrees but allowing for this with mash temps too. Mine was at boiling and showed 99 degree and calibration set to 0. It did fill it with a few litres of water before hand and used two other thermometers to check it's own reading and it was .5 degrees higher than the other two thermometers. Pretty good really. Has anyone had this too. How did you ajust it. Cheers guys

On the Ace thread there is a video of how to recalibrate the temperature, or just look on youtube.
Have you got the new version wlth the finer calibration and the hop timer?
Also check the water level calibration to see if they have corrected that, apparently they used the same embossing roller as they use on the Grainfather and with the Ace being a bigger dia the actual water level is lower than the indicated level.

Mine has not got the hop timer so it's the previous I guess. Didn't really no they had updated it. I did check the water markers and found exactly that. Seems to be about 2.5-3l lower then the segested marks

Back