Adnams Mosaic Recipe using Extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehorse

Reaction score
I really like Marks & Spencer's Adnams Mosaic single-hop pale ale, and its keg cousin Jack Brand Mosaic pale. I know that, using extract, it can be hard to get a brew properly pale. I'm guessing that by using pale extract, pale malt, lager malt and possibly crapils as well as a pilsner yeast, and Mosaic hops at the aroma, bittering and dry hop stages, I'll get somewhere near the mark. But does anyone have any ideas on quantities or possible tweaks?

One problem you face is not knowing the IBUs in the commercial beer, so you can only take a stab at it based on what you think it is, or perhaps ask Adnams direct, the worst that can happen is they won't tell you.
Once you have sorted out the IBUs you can then build a recipe in Brewers Friend. I would keep it simple to start with, say light extract plus perhaps a minimash of pale malt and/or a carapils/light crystal malt grain steep, and maybe even only do a 12 litre brew for a first attempt. Why not go for the CML Kolsch yeast which can be fermented at ale temperatures? And for quantities for the aroma dry hop my starter for most hops is 50g for a 20-23 litre brew.

Good advice from Terry there, only thing I would like to add (master brewer here,4 BIAB 😂) is that I find a lot of homebrews underhopped?
I am too tight to try a James Morton brew but he regularly throws about 300-500g of hops in his.
I would dry hop with at least 100g.
Mosaic is a bloody lovely hop though,good luck whatever you go with and keep us posted 👍

Thanks for the quick responses. I was wondering about yeasts as the one thing I would say about this beer is that it's very lager-ish. Is there a yeast that can help give it that sharpness?

Latest posts

Back