AG#15 - Dark Island Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the brew, I used to like DI but the last bottle I had was seriously different. May do a brew, after I do another Wild Cat next time.

Let us know how it tastes mate. :cheers:

Well the yeast is a beast. It's gone mental, didn't try to climb out or anything just put it's bib on and got stuck in... It's all gone quite calm already!

I'll test it tomorrow just to see how much it's chomped...

Tested. 1.020. 31 points dropped in 3 days.

Tasted. I have nothing to say on the subject your honour... :whistle:

Bottled yesterday.

Now, if anyone needs convincing how good this beer is...

It is the first beer that I couldn't resist having a pint straight from the FV. :drink: :party:

I've got a Dark Island approximation in an FV at the moment but only 1045 OG and using a dried yeast and slightly different hops, no luxury brewery yeast situation here. I think Dark Island is about 4.6% isn't it? I guess the Reserve is higher. Did you use First Gold and EKG as indicated on the brewery website? Or the Challenger clone version?

"Key Ingredients
Chocolate malt, crystal malt and wheat give this beer its smooth, full-bodied, maltiness and sweetness; First Gold and Goldings hops combine with the malt flavours to deliver the winter fruits and dried fruits aspects."

I went for Challenger and EKG, and bunged a bit of Cascade in at 30 mins for some reason.

clibit said:
Did you use First Gold and EKG as indicated on the brewery website? Or the Challenger clone version?

The one almost straight out of Marc's book, Northdown (instead of Omega) and Challenger. It's carbing up nicely and I *really* can't wait to have a livelier pint of it. Seriously impressed.

Mine has turned out great! :drink:

Gonna try it again with Challenger or Northdown for bittering and First Gold as the late addition I think.

Latest posts

Back