Leffe Blonde clone: experience of using cloves and vanilla?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why anybody would want to make Leffe Blonde is a mystery to me it is pish in a bottle. A lot of sugary filtred and carbonated ****.

What do you like?

It is all about expectation I suppose BUT if I could not make beer that was better than Leffe blonde I would not bother. Leffe is a name in cheap strong beer and nothing more. I would take any decent bottled British beer over Leffe blonde any day of the week. If I want drinks that taste of cloves and corriander I can go and buy cough medicine. As a Scot living in France I am forced to say that you living in the UK do not know how well you are placed to get decent beer and by that I do not mean European beers where abv dictates how good a beer is... Carlsberg Special anybody :D
edit
as an example of what I am talking about
Leffe Blonde @ 6.6% costs as little as €2.53/L
Grimbergen @ 6.7% €3.20 /L
Affligem @ 6.7% €3.20/L

Cheap ****! how cheap? Well you can have1664 or Heineken @ 5% for about the same cost €3.01 and €3.20 and that stuff is genuine pish in a bottle 🤣

Last edited:
But then if you don't like cloves you can choose flowers and if you don't like that you can have pineapple, mango or citrus or spice...or variations on a theme via hops or yeast or both.
Is it Leffe you don't like or Belgian type beers in general?
I wasn't sure about some styles until I brewed saison. This changed my mind totally.
Perhaps you should try a sour?

How very dare you i quite like Leffe blonde and bruin, France eh it's only there so folks can drive to Italy the home of proper beer :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:athumb..athumb..ashock1:coat:

True story... Auchan in Pau had an offer on Leffe Blonde buy one pack of 12 x 33cl get the other 50% off. I bought two cases, not for the beer inside the bottle as such although it could be termed a bonus ? No I wanted the bottles and if I had bought a pack of 24 empty 33 cl bottles from the HBS it would have been €12.95 plus P&P so you could say Leffe won the day as a twin pack was €19 about the same cost as the empties 🤣

Back