All in one

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdunn

Reaction score
Hi
New here and learnt a lot from just reading already. I have done a few beer kits and have been wanting to give all grain a go for a while but not sure which all in one to buy. I know this will have been asked many times but want an up to date opinion.

options I am looking at are brewmonk b40
Brewizulla 3.1 or 4 not sure if the automation is needed

Or just go with cheaper Klarstein ones if they do the same job

Thanks

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with jumping right in with an all in one or similar, but if you just want to give things a go consider doing a small stove top batch this is how I started with all grain and the below thread gives some pretty decent advice.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/have-a-go-at-simple-ag.51779/post-1249147
Personally I just use a Klarstein 30L boiler and do BIAB, although I do kind of regret not going for a slightly larger boiler as 23L batches are a bit of a struggle.

Nothing wrong with jumping right in with an all in one or similar, but if you just want to give things a go consider doing a small stove top batch this is how I started with all grain and the below thread gives some pretty decent advice.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/have-a-go-at-simple-ag.51779/post-1249147
Personally I just use a Klarstein 30L boiler and do BIAB, although I do kind of regret not going for a slightly larger boiler as 23L batches are a bit of a struggle.
I did think of doing BIAB but heard it can be a bit of a pain for the volume you get out.

I'm mainly wondering if it is worth the extra for a WiFi connected one or just go with a manual one and save 100 quid or so

@jdunn

Post in thread 'Brewzilla 65l' Brewzilla 65l

This seems like a bit of a bargain to me, if your local
Not local unfortunately as that would be a good price. I am thinking the 35l brewzilla 3.1.1 from brewkeg tap as currently get a few accessories thrown in for 320, just not sure if its worth spending an extra 1po to get either bigger volume or get the brewzilla 4

Not local unfortunately as that would be a good price. I am thinking the 35l brewzilla 3.1.1 from brewkeg tap as currently get a few accessories thrown in for 320, just not sure if its worth spending an extra 1po to get either bigger volume or get the brewzilla 4
I have been considering extension pipes for my 3.1.1 to increase capacity, but if I am honest with myself I don't need more capacity ( I am making it far quicker than I can give it away or drink )

Today's crop

IMG-20231124-WA0002.jpeg

I did think of doing BIAB but heard it can be a bit of a pain for the volume you get out.

I'm mainly wondering if it is worth the extra for a WiFi connected one or just go with a manual one and save 100 quid or so
I think the big difficulty is that once you have spent a few hundred (or more) on your main boiler/all in one it can be rather difficult to justify upgrading only a few months later. I.e. I kind of wish I had gone for a larger kettle but it’s rather hard to justify scrapping a £220 boiler just to buy a slightly larger one.

I think the big difficulty is that once you have spent a few hundred (or more) on your main boiler/all in one it can be rather difficult to justify upgrading only a few months later. I.e. I kind of wish I had gone for a larger kettle but it’s rather hard to justify scrapping a £220 boiler just to buy a slightly larger one.
Thats what I am thinking but I'm also thinking sort of start small as I'm new to it, but long term would I regret buying a 35l one. Don't want to invest too much at the same time incase I don't get the results I want from my lack of knowledge

How much are you going to drink and how often will you brew will determine if a 35ltr AIO is big enough.
It does seem to fit for quite a lot of brewers me included

How much are you going to drink and how often will you brew will determine if a 35ltr AIO is big enough.
It does seem to fit for quite a lot of brewers me included
Well since I have been making beer kits of which I have made 3 I get thoigh it pretty quick because it is in. But making a kit every couple months does the job which I don't have to buy beers in so I suppose doing a brew every 2 months a 35l would be fine?

You also need to think about storage options too as that can get costly too unless you bottle

Like obscure, I use just a klarstein fullhorn boiler.
But I have no problem getting 23l of wort out using a hybrid biab method.
Basically drain wort to FV, then sparge through the bag into the fv. Then pour back into boiler for the boil.
Personally I'm happy with what I make an see no need to spend £400 on an aio. (Although if you can find a 2nd hand bargain I say go for it)

Brewkegtap have some bargains at the moment on shop returns and dented all in ones if your not too precious about such things?
Just looked on the website and can't see returns page etc. How do I find this as I don't mind at all
Cheers

Just looked on the website and can't see returns page etc. How do I find this as I don't mind at all
Cheers
They had a SALE last week where you had to go there in person, I emailed and was told there are still some units left, email Jonny and he will let you m know what they have.

Thanks for this, I have dropped them an email, hopefully they have some left.

Latest posts

Back