Almost finished! - Citra Smash started at 0430am

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch

Regular.
Reaction score
Todays brew day was the first since before xmas. Back to basics. A simple smash which is almost ready to go into the fermenter.

Early start thanks to economy 7 tariff.

I've called it "Revolution" in contempt of todays proceedings.

What's the consensus on adding boiling water to the boil to bring the OG down? I was following a recipe, messed up the water amounts so added 3 ltrs during the boil. Its now pretty much where it should be at 20 degrees.

Tomorrow im doing a Juicy NEIPA - another recipie. Another early start.

Todays brew day was the first since before xmas. Back to basics. A simple smash which is almost ready to go into the fermenter.

What's the consensus on adding boiling water to the boil to bring the OG down? I was following a recipe, messed up the water amounts so added 3 ltrs during the boil. Its now pretty much where it should be at 20 degrees.

Share your NEIPA recipe pls? I have a boat load of hops, Cascade, Citra, Amarillo, Nelson Sauvignon, plus some grains left over from a previous brew so i will almost definitely need to buy more grains. But, based on if you share will determine what grains i buy.

Don't think there is any issue adding boiling water to the boil.

Share your NEIPA recipe pls? I have a boat load of hops, Cascade, Citra, Amarillo, Nelson Sauvignon, plus some grains left over from a previous brew so i will almost definitely need to buy more grains. But, based on if you share will determine what grains i buy.
Now heres a thing.... Ive got odds n s0ds of malts to use up. I found a recipe and I've adapted it. This will produce an 11L batch - as i have a 19L & 9.5L corney.

Malts: Total 2.2kg

Lager malt 500g
Extra light 200g
Wheat malt 600g
Cara malt 200g
MO Pale 500g
Porridge oats 200g

Hops: Total 150g

60 citra
45 mosiac
45 simco

boil and mash 60mins ea. Mash @ 67c. Mash out at 76c

hop shedule.

15g citra at boil
15g citra/mosia/simcoe @ hopstand 20mins @ 75c

30g citra/mosiac/simco dryhop - 5 days.

ferment - 10 days @ 19c.

Yeast - Ive used MJ M44.

Hazy Neipa Very fruity. Around 5 to 6 % I think.

I will let you know in around 11 days!

Now heres a thing.... Ive got odds n s0ds of malts to use up. I found a recipe and I've adapted it. This will produce an 11L batch - as i have a 19L & 9.5L corney.

Malts: Total 2.2kg

Lager malt 500g
Extra light 200g
Wheat malt 600g
Cara malt 200g
MO Pale 500g
Porridge oats 200g

Hops: Total 150g

60 citra
45 mosiac
45 simco

boil and mash 60mins ea. Mash @ 67c. Mash out at 76c

hop shedule.

15g citra at boil
15g citra/mosia/simcoe @ hopstand 20mins @ 75c

30g citra/mosiac/simco dryhop - 5 days.

ferment - 10 days @ 19c.

Yeast - Ive used MJ M44.

Hazy Neipa Very fruity. Around 5 to 6 % I think.

I will let you know in around 11 days!
Brilliant and thanks. I actually have some of those grains (extra light & wheat malts) so may just buy something like a caramel or a Maris otter to make up the grain bill. I normally do a 30 litre batch and hope to end up filling a 19ltr corny so will adapt your recipe accordingly mate.
I’ve got Verdant and Kviek yeasts but will go with the verdant.

I’ll load it all into Brewfather later and see how that goes but I’m looking at next weekend to get the brew done. Good luck with yours and thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back