Am i starting with the right kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as an update as this was a few months ago.
The lager turned out great, not too strong a hop and had a very Eastern European Germanic style to it. It wasn't Stella, but had good flavour and head retention. Trouble is, it was so good, me and the other half drunk it all very quickly lol! I have 2 bottles remaining, I am hanging onto these to add some age to them and see how they develop. It's certainly a batch i will be getting on again very soon, hopefully so I have some ready for Christmas.

As for the Coopers Irish Stout idea, I did that one as well with 300g of chocolate malt and 200g of demerara sugar added to the kit as well as 1kg of dextrose. I brewed that one to 21ltrs also and I have to say, its turned out very well indeed. It has that Guinness flavour but does lack head retention and that creamy Guinness style, but that is hard to replicate at home I believe. It's another one I will be repeating.

Following the stout i went with a Mangrove Jacks Blueberry Cider kit. I followed this one to the instructions with the mangrove jacks recommended fermentables. It's been in the bottle about a month to 6 weeks and it's OK, rather strong, but I'm not 100% sure if I will do it again. It's drinkable and has quite a bit of flavour, just not sure about it yet. It's certainly improving with time so jury is still out on that one.

All in all, I have been really happy so far!
Glad it's all working out for you, I have never been very happy with any cider kits I did, you need to work on your production line, have one fermenting whilst one is carbonating and another standing by 😉

Glad it's all working out for you, I have never been very happy with any cider kits I did, you need to work on your production line, have one fermenting whilst one is carbonating and another standing by 😉
Thanks, I have to agree, I am getting behind the curve on my production, I need to ramp it up!!

As for the cider, it has left me a little disappointed in the end product, but it's no worse than cheap supermarket fruity stuff and it's about 6%, I got the craft kit for a good price as the BBE was coming up so it was worth a punt. I need to try making a small batch from juice and frozen fruit to see how it compares.

Latest posts

Back