Another Stuck Fermentation Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuggledPrune

Reaction score
I know there are millions of threads about this subject but I just have a quick question...

So I think I have a stuck fermentation with my Better Brew Czech Pils. OG 1052 now at 1018 and has been for a few days. I put a heater belt on it to ensure the temp wasn't too low, and have given it a stir a couple of times.

So question is, can I add some yeast nutrient? If so how much for 20l?

If it doesn't help, I could pitch some more yeast but no idea what type I should use.

Would racking to secondary help? Bit worried about it sitting on the dead yeast (it's been in primary for 3 weeks!)

Thanks Very Much!

rack it into a clean/sterilised and well rinsed fermenter. The movement might give the yeast a little nudge. No splashing if possible

piddledribble said:
rack it into a clean/sterilised and well rinsed fermenter. The movement might give the yeast a little nudge. No splashing if possible

Thanks mate I will do. Do you reckon I should chuck in some nutrient for luck or will it affect the taste if fermentation has finished.

hold off with the nutrients.
If it fails to get going you may have to go through procedure for re starting a stuck fermentation, that is the time to add small amount of nutrients.

Back