any Norfolk Noggers here? (two can kit)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian...

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by this brew. Let me say from the beginning that I know taste is subjective. But I would be interested to know what other people think of this excellent Norfolk Nog. I have just got to the drinking stage (and I have masterfully ignored the impatience factor and given all the stages lots of time) and enjoyed the first few pints of this lovely beer. I'm tasting burnt toffee, treacle and, for the first time in anything I have made, liquorice. This isn't a problem/criticism, it's gorgeous! I really enjoy it but it's very rich and a couple of pints is enough. Strangely, or come to think of it not so strangely, my lovely wife can't taste the liquorice thing. She gets treacle but no more. Anyone else get 'liquorice'? or anything else for that matter. Taste is a funny thing eh?

Funny you mention 'Liqourice' taste as i brewed some Youngs def bitter and after it had cleared the taste i got was a subtle Liqourice taste, not unpleasant but unexpected

Latest posts

Back