Anyone brewing this weekend?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flushed with the success of my two Belgian brews three weeks ago, I'm going to put something together on Sunday. I was going to fire off something with Westmalle yeast, but I think I'll use the WLP550 again. I fancy something with plenty of Pilsener and Munich malts, but with a load of oats too. Not so heavy on the candi this time - I'm looking for a sipping blond (whahay, morning vicar).

Mind you, my idea of a sipping blond is something in the order of 6.5%

Not sure about the hops though - Hersbrucker possibly. I want something delicate as opposed to my usual robust brews.

I'm having a crack at a pale ish English hop ale 23L brewlength

4.5kg MO
250g Caramunich
250g Wheat Malt

Bittered to 30 IBU
Late hopped with 50g Fuggles and 50g First Gold

A mate of mine said I should try a packed of Nottingham and a packet of SO4.

Aleman said:
Planning on Brewing Tomorrow :party: . . .

but Heavy Rain Forecast :( . . .

May brew Sunday instead :pray:

Going to weigh and crush grain anyway

Would that be with the Pico then Tony as Steve now has the keggle? Or are you breaking out the femto again? Can't wait to see a brewday on the Pico mate! :D

I'm gonna do 2 tomorrow or tonight if I cant sleep.

I'm gonna do a John Bull IPA but I'm gonna have a crack at a honey tinge, Thinking 600g of honey with 5-600g of sugar with a shorten brew length to 20l again. Should be able to compare this to a John Bull IPA I already have in the keg.

Also have a Black Pearl Stout kit to put on ready to bottle for later in the year.

Off to Dunfie's in a mo' to pick up some german hops - as I forgot to get these myself :roll:

Then brewing my weizen entry for the Spring Thing...

It is snowing very heavily here though and there's 5cm of snow on the ground already......dunfie's around 15mile away...but nothing will stop the brew....nothing... :twisted:

just brewed a john bull ipa. made with 1kg tate and lyle normal sugar and about 250-275g of maple syrup. jst noticed on the bottle best before april 2010! it didnt smell off and tasted gd so not to worry, hard to tell the exact og because of the foam but it was within a point or two of 1050. first time brewing this, my first cornie should be empty in the next 2 weeks so the ipa will be cornie bound! happy brewing folks.

My mash is just about finished.
As water was heating I was building mash tun. Now its mashing I was building boiler (used pans for waiter for mash)

Good luck, everyone.

I had a match report to write and it took me about 4 hours. As me and Mrs Luckyeddie going on holiday tomorrow (well, in about 7 hours) I decided to postpone the brewday (a Belgian blond) until next weekend. I did a bit of tinkering with yeasties, getting some starters on the way just to give me the feeling that I had done something beery. I may do a split and pitch 3 different concentrations of yeast (one underpitched, one overpitched and one in the middle to see what that does to the esters etc), but that depends on how adventurous I feel at the time.

Latest posts

Back