Bar Font with pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthurbear

Reaction score
Hi To All

I have recently been given two bar pumps, Both have no tap,they have a switch on the side to dispense the beer, Guessing theres some type of pump or electronic switch installed in them...the cable from these has four wires, Two for the light ( orange and purple ) but the other two come from the switch...I did connect them to my transformer but that blew the fuse.Does anyone know how to connect these up???

Thanks

Its one I have brought off the bay, Its got 6 speaker like connections and believe its 240 to 24v...Dont know the make though...It blew one of the internal clear glass fuses under a screw cap on the transformer

My guess was that it would be that it was a 24v one. Hmm :hmm:.

I assume the light runs on the 24v? Does the cable look think enough to be mains :shock:

Thanks for your response..Yes the light works from the two wires. The other two wires seem like normal wire you get in a plug..I was guessing mains but didnt want to connect that way and BANG :shock: So if you think that way I may try it :pray:

Pics as promised..

The first two are off the mansfield bitter pump;

2012-02-09172435.jpg

2012-02-09172445.jpg

these are off the carling pump

2012-02-09172730.jpg

2012-02-09172753.jpg

The BV and the P are the pump wires

Thanks

Back