Barefoot rose clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help guys. Provided it doesn't make the Missus collapse it will be a winner. :D
Looking forward to getting this started after all the TC's I have done. :)

Just a thought. If you wanted a Medium wine would you stop the fermentation a bit earlier? say 1010?

Cheers
Ads

Going on what the barefoot drinker says, the one I did with 760g sugar, the RGJ and tropical is not too strong and nearest to barefoot strength :thumb:

Thanks cheapbrew. And you just fermented right out?

Thanks for everyones help. :)

Yeah I like to ferment til it's below 1000, usually down to 995 or less, then rack onto campden tab and potassium sorbate, leave for an hour, degass and add finings if needed then after a few days for finings to settle, its then ready to bottle, I then taste and back sweeten if needed.
I have tried stopping wines earlier for sweeter wine but in my opinion they seem to taste better fermented out and back sweetened.

I'm going to gove this WOW a go after i bottle my strawberry cider tomorrow. Think i need more dj's. :)
I picked up a litre of lidl red grape juice and a litre of watermelon, raspberry and apple juice from sainsburys.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the sainsburys juice was in the chiller cabinet. Will this still be ok for the WOW?
Do i need to boil it as it has ascorbic acid in it?

Cheers
Ads.

As long as they are 100% juice they will be fine, if less than 100% double up and no need to boil, its just vit c basically, :thumb:

watermelon, raspberry and apple juice sounds interesting, I'll be interested in your review in a month or so.

Thanks Cheapbrew. Wish they would just say Vit C then. :D
Yeah the Watermelon, Raspberry and Apple is 100%.:thumb: It is a bit cloudy though, so I'll put some Pectolace in to hopefully help clear.

Thanks for your help.
I will report back when it's done. Hopefully it will come out ok.

Put it together last night, but think I may have overdone the sugar. :(
Total sugar content was:
Red grape juice = 161g
Watermelon, Raspberry and Apple = 84g
Plus added sugar = 760g
Therefore the total was 1005g. The Hydrometer reading was 1.092, which I guess is around 13%.

Hopefully it will come out ok.

Latest posts

Back