Been MIA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artiums_enteri

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey folks, I have been away for the past couple weeks. I took a couple weeks off work to go out and do some fishing. I have been spending the past couple weeks on river banks and lakes looking for the big lunker.

I am back now, and brewing a rye IPA as we speak. From the looks of the boards I have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

I fished all around northern California mostly in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. As far as catching anything, not much. It is still very early in the year. The large and small mouth bass are spawning, but didn't really want much to do with my lures or flys. The trout are jumping like crazy, and my wife and I are heading up to the lake in the morning to see how we do with fishing on the bottom for some rainbows. The catfish are very inactive at the moment. The one I did have hooked was on my trout rod, and it took the rod tip back into the river with him. We had a lot of fun hiking through the mountains nonetheless. I taught her a lot about survival and wilderness exploration. We also scouted out some territory for next season's goose, duck, and quail hunts.

I lived in SF for a while and used to love going north, used to go to a state camp site on the McCloud river, fantastic wilderness, but didn't used to catch much :D

im proud to be British but sometimes i wish i was living in America , so much more , more nature bigger houses (ok more gun crime but im sure its not that bad) better weather (most places) more things to do more options , but then again ive got good old crappy Wolverhampton :roll:

Did you make it to Mammoth Lakes? I spent 6 months there a few years back, I heard tales from my friends of their fishing adventures but was too busy snowboarding/skateboarding weather dependent to catch any myself. They also have a micro brewery which has some great beers.

No unfortunately we didn't make it that far. That is a trip we are planning later in the summer. We mostly looked for areas within an hour or two from our house so we can go out on the weekends or before work. I also wanted to find a couple catfish holes close to home. I get off work at 11:00, so sitting on the river bank with a crackling fire, a chilled homebrew, and a line in the water is a perfect way to unwind after work.

Back