Been playing with the brewery.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31bb3 said:
which house did you go for

Ha. None of the ones we had chosen before. The house by the river has sold, The house with the big garden has sold. This is the 4th time in the last 12 months that we have been sold subject to contract but this time it is looking as though it might go through. We have found a nice house with an attached garage and decent garden though so fingers crossed.

Went through all that a few times 15 years ago then again with grandmothers house a couple of years back - the stress on you must be galling .I know it was for us .I dont know how some of the people involved in property sales sleep at night .Probably very well ,dreaming of big bank balances ,come to think . But it is very upsetting for decent people caught up in it all .I really sympathise .Especially about a house by a river....I wont even ask about the fishing rights .Galling !

Shocker it came with fishing rights and a mooring as the river is navigable. Two of the local pubs have moorings aswell. Not sure what the law is about drink boating though :lol:.

Well , I used to know a gamekeeper who had been convicted of being drunk in charge of a bedstead on wheels on a public highway.....so I reckon you could get done for just about anything ,if the cops and magic-straights felt that way inclined

:? :( :nono:

I had a couple of barge holidays years ago and stopped for drinks every lunchtime, there's no licence they can take from you.

snail59 said:
Been and fetched my brewery upgrade barrels this morning.

Blue.jpg

Got them from TANKS AND TUBS there at Deeping St Nicholas near Spalding in Lincolnshire 50ltr £6 and 30ltr £5 there food grade and have only had food dye in them and that was in a bag inside the barrel. A bargain I think :thumb:

The Mrs has seen them and wants me to get some more for storing dog food and flour and stuff in. I'm getting another one to keep my Pale Malt in when I get another bulk bag :D

Cheers snail i took a trip out there end of last week... now have 6 nice blue barrels.. wot a gr8 price ... and have also got hose on the way from vossy for sight :clap: ..lol oh and looks like i have the same elements ready to install (did they go on ok ..cause there is quite a curve on those barrels??).... and is it a bit :grin: stalkerish to say i was thinking bottomdrain toooo.. (oh and now wanna nick ya rubberband idea :clap: ) :lol:
hehe
:cheers:
chris

Ooo but i did go for a different filter...i went for the ebay braided ss hose ( found on another post on here )... just because it fits really well in the round grove in the bottm of the barrel !! :D

Chris

Nice one Blinkey. You nick away mate :thumb: The elements fit a treat just smooth the hole edges and they fit perfect. Cant remember what size the hole is think it was 32mm. Hop Stopper was made from copper pipe and fittings I had to hand chances are it will get revised and changed before too long :lol: Hope you told him you found him from the brewing forum I said I was going to put a link here for him :thumb:

Just don't let your other half see them. Mine did and now the 2 small ones contain Dog Food and Chicken Food :rofl:

Funny you should say about the food bin thing.....we used to keep our goat food in these type blue barrels for years...all gone along with the goats now .But my mum got some really nice 40L white buckets with lids from one of the dog food wholesalers that she just cannot see would be MUCH more suitable for FVs than food storage . :(

Back