Beer conditioning tablets....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gethin79

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of these???

They're brilliant. :D

They allow your beer to condition undisturbed. :thumb:

What are they?.....bloody antibiotics :doh:

Was just trying to look on the bright side of things during my 7+ days of forced detox!!

No, nothing so fancy, they are just sugar tablets and expensive, well considerably more expensive than ordinary sugar which works as well if not better.

Gethin79 said:
Was just trying to look on the bright side of things during my 7+ days of forced detox!!

I'm sure I heard a conversation recently about antibiotics and booze where it turned out that except for a couple of drugs, this is old advice that's just stuck and for most antibiotics you can drink if you want. Might be worth a quick online check of the drug to see. OTOH a week's detox will probably do you the world of good!

Yes I think you're right. They have different effects with different pills.

I think in general they say that you can drink, but if you are ill enough to be on antibiotics, then you should do your body a favour and lay off it until you're better!

I'm running with that! And my stocks are not diminishing...bonus!!

Last time I was on antibiotics it was around christmas time and I was gutted thinking I wouldn't be allowed to drink!
So I asked my doctor there and then while he was writing the prescription if I would be able to drink during the christmas period while on these drugs and he said it's fine just don't go mad.
From my experience you'll get drunk much quicker than usual so just stick to 2 or 3. :drink:

There are of course still a few antibiotics where mixing with booze will either make the drug ineffective or generate side effects or both. So check before you decide you can get away with it!

LeithR said:
No, nothing so fancy, they are just sugar tablets and expensive, well considerably more expensive than ordinary sugar which works as well if not better.
you thinking of coopers carbonation drops? I think Gethin is having a laugh cos he is on antibiotics meaning he can't drink! :lol:

abeyptfc said:
LeithR said:
you thinking of coopers carbonation drops? I think Gethin is having a laugh cos he is on antibiotics meaning he can't drink! :lol:
Spot on! :D

Only a few days to go though.., :whistle:

Latest posts

Back