Beer fest or not to fest

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4menter

Reaction score
Hi Folks I was just wondering if Thbf has ever hosted its own beer festival and if not is it something thats even possible to do? I just thought loads of the people on here have come up with awesome recipes and I read a thread where people put they brew for the love of it so theres no shortage of 'Refreshments' :drink: and beer foods to would be great, I know loads of people who would come, men and women. I dont know the legalities of people buying drinks but i'd be willing to donate a few barrels and im sure others would too ( my brewing will get good im determined :pray: ), and Reasonable Admission costs could raise money for the up keep of the forum not to mention encourage new membership.
I hope its ok to suggest the idea, im perhaps a bit of a dreamer sometimes but thats the writer in me. Its probably already been done I just thought i'd mention it, If its a silly idea just tell me straight and i'll shut up (4menter shut it or your dead yeast!).

there is match fest coming up i think there is more than a few members going perhaps we could all have a meet there to chat about different ideas :thumb:

Another forum that I am am member of have been doing this for years . . . in fact it was out 10th anniversary this year . . . . and we brewed a small batch of beer :). It is one of the biggest laughs I have all year, and great fun to meet up, drink beer, eat food and talk ******** about beer.

Every event organised online seems to be in Derby or Darlington or some other place a heckuva lot of money away from me. But online works pretty well, fortunately.

fivetide said:
Every event organised online seems to be in Derby or Darlington or some other place a heckuva lot of money away from me
You're in East Anglia! Everywhere's a heck of a lot of money away from you :D

I toyed / floated a similar idea to this way back when the forum was under 100 strong and it was thought we would struggle to get the punters. My idea was to find somewhere to have a camping / caravan field and something to take cover under should it rain..... and all bring our own refreshments. put them in the middle and we all have a gert big help yerself samplefest.

fivetide said:
Every event organised online seems to be in Derby or Darlington or some other place a heckuva lot of money away from me. But online works pretty well, fortunately.

Yeah, it would be nicer if one was more local for us Southerners. :)

if this did go through and was organised in midlands, i reacon i can get a band and disco real cheapo possibly free, but they wont travel far from base :cheers: :drunk:

Im up for it.. :clap:
A camping weekend sounds the best idea.. :party:
So i suppose next summer... :cool:
I'm from the south also may be norfolk would be a good compromise, at the time we could visit the woodford brewry.... :cheers:

I suppose somewhere to the East of Brum is Kind of Central for everyone. What are we talking here. A hall with camping / caravan facilities or a field with a big tent? and a hole in the ground for a toilet

Frisp said:
I suppose somewhere to the East of Brum is Kind of Central for everyone. What are we talking here. A hall with camping / caravan facilities or a field with a big tent? and a hole in the ground for a toilet

A hole in the ground for loo. :eek:

Surely not, I'm sure we could arrange for even a single portaloo?

bones said:
Im up for it.. :clap:
A camping weekend sounds the best idea.. :party:
So i suppose next summer... :cool:
I'm from the south also may be norfolk would be a good compromise, at the time we could visit the woodford brewry.... :cheers:

I like the idea of the Woodforde's brewery! :drink:

I'm up for it, if we do something in the Midlands I know a micro brewery that allow camping on their field. :thumb:

When we started it on UK Homebrew . . . We were in a small village to the south of Rugby . . . its only been the last ferw years we've been based Dhan Sarf'.

Logistics .. . . Camping You need a big field . . . and preferably access to a loo . . . although this doesn't normally cause issues apart from no 2s.

Food . . . BBQ . . .If someone has access to a local butcher/abattoir that's great, as you get great quality meat fairly cheaply. other wise everyone just pitches in with their specialities.

Drink . . . Easy :drink: . . . but need access to water for tea and coffee . . . also for rinsing out glasses etc

Lighting . . . need electrickery . . . especially for those posh gits that bring beer chillers to chill the beer.

Vehicular access - - - easy route in and out, plus parking

When camping was suggested i assumed we would pitch in a camp site with at least a good bog and shower facilities.
There are camp sites that are really that basic .. but nice and clean. :pray:

A Camp site would be ideal . . . assuming they don't mind being taken over by a bunch of drunken Bums for the weekend . . . and a festival tends to do that

Back