beer gods are angry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuggitmv

Regular.
Reaction score
got up at six am to get the water on got my temps all bang on mash went well hops all put into the pots ready and waiting sparge went well good temps again all most all in the boiler when splash the boiler slips over on it side lost 90% wort :sick: gutted.spent next 45 mis mopping up sticky wort off the kitching floor.think all the talk of cloning dark stars hop head angerd the beer gods hahah :oops:

Bet swmbo loves you for that my life wouldnt have been worth living lmao treat it as a sacrifice to the brewing gods they'll smile on you next time :pray: :thumb:

thing is what to do with the 1g left over i boiled it up and put some hops in but wont get much out of it so do i just make a big starter out of it :wha:

I think everyone has a disaster like this. It's the beer gods way of keeping you on your toes!

Eeek! ah well, I'm sure the ants will find the bits of gooey wort that you have missed.... :whistle:

I brew when SWMBO is not in as I work days. I suspect if she see how much mess I recreate when the beer gods on on my side she would be very glad of the 'mess' I leave be hind...

Bad luck mate! It'll make for a better brew next time!
D

What a complete nightmare, I feel for you :( I could never brew in kitchen SWMBO would never allow it! So I brew in the garage, which has its advantages as I can tidy up the next day after a busy brew night :)

Rob

Back