Beer got heated to 45c

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu brew

Reaction score
Iv had an a thermostat fault that heated my beer two 45c but it had finished fermenting but if I keg it and check is ok ie not gone off will it be ok ?

:eek:

You'll just have to try it and see what it's like. I don't have a definitive answer, but i believe you can tell straight away if something is off.

shearclass said:
:eek:

You'll just have to try it and see what it's like. I don't have a definitive answer, but i believe you can tell straight away if something is off.

Yes when you drink it you will get the mother of all hangovers. Fusel Alcohol anyone?

shearclass said:
graysalchemy said:
Fusel Alcohol anyone?

Even though it had, according to the poster, already finished fermenting before it was heated to this temperature? At least i assume thats what he means by

stu brew said:
but it had finished thermenting
yes had been at 1006 for two days i went to transfer it in to the conditioner when I found it had been over heating at 45c but iv cooled it down to 19c and I check it out in a week to asses the damage . Sorry about the earlier spelling .

Well folks didn't go off but became so dry and rank it was thrown away never mind new brew on Monday ;-)

Latest posts

Back