Beer / milk crates

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPips

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to transport a lot of home brew and thought that a few of the old plastic beer or milk crates would do the job. However I'm having real problems finding any. eBay has done for sale but at about £15 each. Has anyone any experience of finding any, if so, where from?

Thanks,
Dom

I done a swap with my milk man for some veg off my allotment. ..I got about 8 crates and a load of screw top bottles. So...get a milk delivery..

Cheers

Clint

I just keep an eye out on my travels. Found a few milk crates just discarded here and there. Also a polish shop I know often puts proper sturdy beer crates out for rubbish. I just ask if I can take them. Tidies the garage up a treat.

I made most of my crates out of plywood and stuff. But extra bottles I just use wine bottle boxes from Tescos that take a dozen bottles with neat little cardboard dividers.
Crates on Ebay are a total rip-off.

Hi,

I need to transport a lot of home brew and thought that a few of the old plastic beer or milk crates would do the job. However I'm having real problems finding any. eBay has done for sale but at about �£15 each. Has anyone any experience of finding any, if so, where from?

Thanks,
Dom

Are u in Kent
,Faversham home brew sell them

Funnily enough I have just picked 7 of these milk crates up from my work, they were just sitting outside the storemans door and when asked he told me to help myself, he was sick of looking at them and had been there for a month! needs a pressure wash to get the grime of but can't moan at that!

Seems like it's one of those things you need to get lucky with.

I've got some of one of the links above. Only £8 each which isn't too bad.
Thanks for all the replies.

Latest posts

Back