belhaven bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan

Reaction score
Hi all
Been in Edinburgh for a few days and was drinking Belhaven bitter and I found it a very nice and easy drinking beer anyone have a recipe that could get anywhere near this one thanks

Without sounding dead clever or dead stupid...I think bellhaven is Scottish. .
I had a go of it a few years ago but found it too sweet for me. Now,hopefully with a bit more appreciation for different types of beer I would like to try it again....

Bellhaven is now owned by Greene king and is Scotland's oldest brewery,I think GK don't interfere too much and they brew my all time favourite beer an IPA called twisted grapefruit at a respectable 5.3% an absolute magical beer,if only I could brew it?

Belhaven 60/-, 80/- and wee heavy are in BYOBRA. I don't want to copy out Graham's recipe in full but for the 80/- you're looking at the familiar 97%/3% pale/crystal ratio and the hops are only Whitbread Golding at 60 and 10 mins. Graham includes some white sugar, presumably to reduce body and adds a little black malt for colour. Neither of which you would need to bother with I don't think.

Latest posts

Back