Belle Saison Yeast Trial

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds very good, hopefully should be pretty clear after all that time in the fridge! Let us know how it tastes when carbonated. T

Could not resist trying another bottle, appears to be fully carbonated and it looked crystal clear but it through the yeast in to suspension as soon as I opened the bottle, took a temp reading after pouring and it was 14°C so perhaps it will pack down in time and be more stable with lower serving temp. Just to note I added some Gervin G12 yeast at bottling just to be safe but it looks like the Belle Saison is in control as the sediment is like fine powder.

It's tasting much better so it should be really good with a bit more bottle conditioning.

Pic of the first pour, it's difficult to see in the pic but there is a snow shower of yeast in suspension. The second pour was wheat beer like but perfectly drinkable. Just put another bottle in my chest freezer to cool down for another sample.

Yes it doesn't pack down well! Not the end of the world for a Saison anyway : )

Yep that's what I meant, it would be in keeping with the unfiltered, rustic style (Like every beer I've ever made!).

Well just tried one of my clones of Dupont "Best wishes" Saison made with this yeast. Ample carbonation, still quite a hot alcohol taste but it is 10 %. Still not much in the way of esters, mostly tastes like a golden strong ale (I'm not complaining). Need to see how it goes with a bit of lagering. Will brew next week with the Thieirez yeast see how they compare :)

ahe3u7y9.jpg

I tried a Dupont Saison on tap in a bar the other evening, very tasty, reasonable amount of spice, not much in the way of hops a load of carbonation. It wasn't clear but it wasn't cloudy either, Saison has gone on the ever growing list of brews to do.

This thread is making me thirsty :thumb:

Brewing up this evening. Got a Saison with rye planned. Also having a go at freezing yeast, giving the WY French Saison a go.

apetavez.jpg

Note: Test tube + rubber stopper and active yeast not a good combination!

ytusury4.jpg

Will report back on how this yeast goes. T

Had another try of the 10% Belle Saison, shaping up very nicley. 3.8 vol of CO2 was perfect, the alcohol burn has mostly settled as well. Despite the high alcohol it's dangerously drinkable!

jure4ymu.jpg

Latest posts

Back