bench cappers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live and learn eh?

Didn't realise that there were different sizes of caps ... :doh:

... but a quick search indicates that I will be okay because all my bottles take 26mm caps! Lucky, lucky!! :thumb: :thumb:

Live and learn?

It works perfectly. The fact it also comes with an adapter for bigger caps is a bonus

Flippen eck, Chippy 45mins to cap!

I bought a wilko twin lever one for a tenner with the intention of replacing it as I'd read they conk out after a bit but its done 5 or 6 brews so far and still going strong. I think the trick is not to force it

Mine lasted longer that that but now its a real pita to use. Dents the tops. Am i right in thinking the bench cappers have to be adjusted for each bottle. I have such an assortment it could end up time consuming.

Mine lasted longer that that but now its a real pita to use. Dents the tops. Am i right in thinking the bench cappers have to be adjusted for each bottle. I have such an assortment it could end up time consuming.

Well I've just ordered one from HBC, I also have a bit of a assortment of bottles and I guess you do have to adjust the height if the bottles are significantly different. My plan was to sort the bottles into height order / groups so hopefully would only need to make 1 or 2 adjustments whilst going along?

See how it goes once it arrives. I was forced to order some more beer kits too to get to the £70 free delivery threshold :) Bruphoria Dead Phony IPA sounded interesting.

Well I've just ordered one from HBC, I also have a bit of a assortment of bottles and I guess you do have to adjust the height if the bottles are significantly different. My plan was to sort the bottles into height order / groups so hopefully would only need to make 1 or 2 adjustments whilst going along?

See how it goes once it arrives. I was forced to order some more beer kits too to get to the £70 free delivery threshold :) Bruphoria Dead Phony IPA sounded interesting.

Yes that's what I do too, I group all the bottles of roughly the same size together then I only have to make a few adjustments. But adjusting the height is so quick and easy it doesn't really matter, you can grab a bottle, a cap and adjust height all in 2/3 seconds.

I saw this the other day. Looks incredibly easy to use although the bottles look the size of wine bottles.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/doc-revolution-table-top-capper/

Being a Derbyshire man ("Strong in t'arm and thick in t'head!") I was more impressed with the stroke length than the ease of capping.

My current capper requires re-setting for only a slight variation of height whereas this one looks as if it could cope with differences up to 50mm. :thumb:

Can it? :?::?:

thought i would add to this as i recentlyish bought a bench capper :thumb:.very impressed and worlds apart from the crappy plastic capper ive been using, and its a time saver too, i actually enjoy capping now instead of dreading it,
A Big thumbs up from me.:thumb:

i baught this one from the irish hbc site, looks the same as the geterbrewed one.. simular price aswell when postage is added

Counter Top Capper (Coloured) Suits 26mm and 29mm Crown Caps - The Homebrew Company

with euro exchange rate it works out at 25 quid delivered.. used it yesterday no probs at all, capped 30 hobgoblin bottles with ease.. at this price the hand cappers are not worth buying imho..

View attachment 3775

Hi,

How did it last ?

Thinking of ordering one.

It's 22.44 Euros on the geterbrewed.ie site, which is about ã16.25. Minus HBF 5% discount, plus postage.

Ok this poster hasn't been seen for years but just checked and
get er brewed still sell these.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/table-top-capper/
I'm thinking of adding other stuff like a bottle tree caps etc to see if i can get to free postage amount.
(Edit,, don't seem to do free postage for bulk orders, mist be getting mixed up with another seller)

Anyone have these ? Any good ?

I have an old hand/hit with hammer jobby.
I imagine modern bottles may be thinner and this not recommended, or does anyone still use them ?

Last edited:
Ok this poster hasn't been seen for years but just checked and
get er brewed still sell these.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/table-top-capper/
I'm thinking of adding other stuff like a bottle tree caps etc to see if i can get to free postage amount.

Anyone have these ? Any good ?

I have an old hand/hit with hammer jobby.
I imagine modern bottles may be thinner and this not recommended, or does anyone still use them ?
That appears to be the same as the one I use. It works fine, just need to support it as you pull the lever down. Adjusting for bottles of different heights can be fiddly, so I tend to keep all the short ones to the end.

I’m a big fan of the bench capper. I used a twin lever capper for years and I was happy enough with it until I got a few hundred empty Rekorderlig bottles. The bottle design doesn’t work with a twin lever so I bought a bench capper. I’ve since got a lot more bottles that also don’t work with a twin lever but the bench capper will work with any bottle design. They’re cheap enough on Brew2Bottle:

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/products/twin-lever-bench-capper

I’m a big fan of the bench capper. I used a twin lever capper for years and I was happy enough with it until I got a few hundred empty Rekorderlig bottles. The bottle design doesn’t work with a twin lever so I bought a bench capper. I’ve since got a lot more bottles that also don’t work with a twin lever but the bench capper will work with any bottle design. They’re cheap enough on Brew2Bottle:

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/products/twin-lever-bench-capper

Thanks.
I did look on there and it's about £4 cheaper but they are out of stock of the other things i want, like a bottle tree.
Mind I'm not sure them bottle trees take glass bottles or if I'd trust them 😳👍

Thanks.
I did look on there and it's about £4 cheaper but they are out of stock of the other things i want, like a bottle tree.
Mind I'm not sure them bottle trees take glass bottles or if I'd trust them 😳👍
Buy one, but dont lend it money.
Or leave it alone with your wife

Ordered the get er brewed one, along with bottle tree, 300 caps, 5 demijohn solid bungs and a magnum pinot grigio kit.
Not a white wine fan but recall brewing a magnum white many years ago for the Mrs. About £11 back then i think and was very nice, so a nostalgia trip lol.

Would of ordered sooner today but my father ended up in hospital after an RTA.
Thankfully he's home now and fingers crossed he's ok.

Thanks for the feedback all 👍

Last edited:
Back