best kit result coopers european.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumbrian brewer

Reaction score
Keged and carbonated my coopers european this weekend, just sampled half and its very nice, much better than the last 2 kits I have done.

Could it be because i brewed it down to 19l to fit my keg? could it be because i used a heater and kept it at a constant temp?

I dont know but will continue to brew like this now the results are getting better, Even the Mrs says she will drink this one.

Just put a stout kit on today so heres hoping this comes out as nice :pray:

What were the last two kits mate? I put a coopers cerveza on last week and my trial jar sample earlier already tastes better than the Geordie Lager I've had bottled for nearly 4 weeks. Not sure weather I ballsed up the Geordie kit, or the coopers one is a lot better quality

Iv done Coopers pilsner, Coopers lager and Coopers dark ale and they have all been very good. The dark ale is excellent. Had some friends and the eldest Son round tonight and they also thought the dark all was exceptional.
I rate Coopers very highly indeed and think it's worth paying a few quid more

first was a tooheys larger kit, the second was a cerveza kit, I am still drinking this but it has a strong lime taste to it, I dont mind it my mrs dont like it.

I tend to let them ferment out and clear in the FV for 3-4 weeks then just rack and keg. They do get much better as the weeks go on. I have just bought another coopers ginger beer kit as well, my first one of these was nice as well. :clap:

Your just like me mate. Let it ferment 2 to 3 weeks then straight into the barrel.
ps I married a Cumbrian girl two years ago from Barrow where abouts are you

She just explaned to me where abouts you are and i can vaugly remember where abouts you are as we were up that way last year and drove down from Whithaven to Barrow.
To many bloody big hills around no good for a cyclist like me. Looks nice thou :cheers:

it is nice, great for the kids I do 60k a year in the car as I travel all over the UK but its more than worth it :thumb:

Back