Best place to get swing top bottle gaskets/seals

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazypara3165

Regular.
Reaction score
As above. I have acquired a good few swingtop bottles and i presume i will have to change the gaskets sooner or later.

I can get 100 imported from the US for £12 but is there anywhere that sells them in the UK cheaper?

Duncs said:
iceo said:
I asked about these in Wilkinsons, I was told that they were for the Kilner bottles only and wouldn't fit the regular swing top bottles. This was from one of the staff on the shop floor, so how accurate their information is, I don't know.

they might not be strong as the stock red/orange ones but at the price they might be worth a punt. i remember a thread about using beer line to make seals for the old stone bottles dont know if it works with swing tops

Well I bought a pack to try. I have no carbonated beverages in at the moment but it seems to seal ok (although does not look as nice) and maybe it seals a little too well as after you release it you have to give the lid a wiggle to remove.

krazypara3165 said:
Well I bought a pack to try. I have no carbonated beverages in at the moment but it seems to seal ok (although does not look as nice) and maybe it seals a little too well as after you release it you have to give the lid a wiggle to remove.
a bit of bicarb and water will do

Latest posts

Back