BIAB advice!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacedhopper

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning on the move to BIAB as it will suit me due to space issues! I've been looking at boilers and am miffed by the whole thing! I've seen burco cygnet go for around £70 and found where I can get a peco for around £70 and a digital peco for £107!!! Then there's the brewferm for £170 and electrim a bit less!!! I'm ok with the prices but haven't a clue which would be best for BIAB I'm a sparky so fiddling isn't a issue! The pecos have bags made for them?! Do I need such precision temp control as digital? Can you use the brewferm and electrim as BIAB????
What do people suggest????????arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!!!

geterbrewed.com sells the peco for £47.50.

You can also a buy a package that includes a peco boiler, peco BIAB bag, wort chiller, and a grain beer kit for £85. And there's another kit that includes all those things and other brewing items like an FV, hydrometer, bottling wand etc for £102. A full BIAB kit basically, everything you need.

I don't know what the best boiler is but those seem like great deals.

Might be better to get a stockpot and fit an element yourself to it.

I use Powell Brewing, great prices and really good service. He won't fit the element, but will drill the hole for you.

£65 for a 50L pot, or £75 with a ball valve built in, that includes delivery.

*if you're doing brew in a bag, keep the bag off it, or just don't have it on while the bags in the pot.

Latest posts

Back