biab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe 90

Reaction score
after two kit brews i am now going to try biab ag i am looking for a good ipa beer
so will crushed pale malt do the job and what other malt will i need to mix in with it
and also what kind of hops will i need, and will i need other ingrediants for it
i have a 19ltr pot and want to experiment with the small pot before i get a bigger one
any help would be much appreciated

If U have a look at the homebrew company (site sponsor) they have all grain mash kits which contain all the ingredients U need. Its a really good place to start, and from personal experience the English pale ale kit is beautiful!

Ask pawlo for his citra recipe, its lovely! Citra makes a very well balanced but pungent IPA, so maybe a good place to start. Don't be afraid to dry hop.

All pale is fine, go as high abv as you are comfortable with - you can add crystal if you like.

Have you done an extract brew yet? Might be an idea if you havnt, very easy with a 19l pot :)

was going to try the landlord extract kit rob but its£23 for another fiver i can get a 25k of crushed malt and that could last me a few brews

joe 90 said:
was going to try the landlord extract kit rob but its£23 for another fiver i can get a 25k of crushed malt and that could last me a few brews

that's what i'd recommend :thumb:
25K Maris Otter
3 or 4 speciality malts
3 or 4 hops
a few packs of us05 yeast and s04
Total:£50 ish
Then you can do several batches with what you have

edit added:
Oh and i'd recommend SMaSH recipes. Easy, simple and will help you to understand the flavour/aroma of each hop that you use :thumb:

makes sense! i'm agreeing with leedsbrewer here - goldings are always a staple in my err, brew pantry? a pack should last 2 simple brews. :thumb:

Graham Wheeler's book is good for AG recipes. Many also have extract variants too which is a good thing to try first. There aren't too many IPA recipes though. Have a look in the Share Your Beer Recipes forum here too.

thanks very much guys for your advice,got a 18 ltre pot from wilco,s so i will need to order some
stuff and start experimenting :cheers:

Latest posts

Back