Biere De Garde- Maillot Jaune

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmh7117

alejunky
Reaction score
Getting this on the go today hopefully be ready in time for the TDF.

Original Gravity (OG): 1.065 (°P): 15.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.016 (°P): 4.1
Alcohol (ABV): 6.39 %
Colour (SRM): 16.3 (EBC): 32.1
Bitterness (IBU): 18.4 (Average)

61.67% Pale Ale Malt
10% Munich I
10% Torrified Wheat
10% Vienna
8.33% Crystal 120

1 g/L Perle (6% Alpha) @ 90 Minutes (Boil)
0.8 g/L Perle (6% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

0.5 g/L Irish Moss @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes. Boil for 90 Minutes

Fermented at 18°C with schneider weisse harvest

Again not a brew biff after all.

Down to 1010.

Going to see if this goes down anymore then move to rest on Sat.

The flavor is malty with that familiar banana hit that comes with Schnider weissen.

I like this one!

Interesting choice of yeast for that style. I've never had a go at using wheat yeast on a non wheat beer. Interested to hear how it turns out.

I'm a big biere de garde fan and there aren't many of us in the UK so it would seem.

Interesting choice of yeast for that style. I've never had a go at using wheat yeast on a non wheat beer. Interested to hear how it turns out.

I'm a big biere de garde fan and there aren't many of us in the UK so it would seem.

I read some where that fruity esters are a characteristic of the beer and through experience Schnider weissen yeast is as good as it gets!

I have had a taste out of my hydrometer vile. There are big hits of banana and malt at the moment. Moved it to rest today.

If you fancy a bottle swap just drop me a line.

Yeah that would be good. I've got three French style beers on the go at the moment and also a few Belgians so happy to trade some with you.

Biere de garde really is a mixed bag when it comes to flavours. Some are almost as clean as a lager and others are full of esters. My recent ones have all used Wlp011 European ale and are quite clean but nice and malty.

wlp072 is out this month and next and that's meant to be the jenlain yeast so you might want to grab one of those while you can.

Yeah that would be good. I've got three French style beers on the go at the moment and also a few Belgians so happy to trade some with you.

Biere de garde really is a mixed bag when it comes to flavours. Some are almost as clean as a lager and others are full of esters. My recent ones have all used Wlp011 European ale and are quite clean but nice and malty.

wlp072 is out this month and next and that's meant to be the jenlain yeast so you might want to grab one of those while you can.

I will wait for a bottle swop with you and nick it out of there!:lol:

Haha fair enough. I should have it soon but it'll be a while before I use it but happy to send you some when it's ready

Latest posts

Back