Big book of Homebrewing; Pliney the Elder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toredan

Reaction score
Quick query, anyone here attempt the Pliney the Elder clone from the aforementioned book? Just ordered the recipe pick 'n mix style from geterbrewed and it came to £30. This will be the most expensive beer I've brewed in my 3 years of brewing. :whistle: If you have, how did it turn out? anything you'd do different?

Ive brewed this but bought the ingredients myself. Mine came in at around ��£45 quid.
Was good but not great but very bitter. Brewed a lot better beers since.
You could taste and smell the alcohol in it too much.

I went off this recipe, lots of info here for you too

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/attachments/0000/6351/doubleIPA.pdf

Interesting, thanks mate. May dial down the malt a little bit then. May also change timings around a bit to reflect on how bitter everyone says it's coming out.

I've not tried the recipe from that book, but I bought a one gallon extract kit from Beer Hawk, when they had their half price sale on last month. I bottled it last week and will give it a couple of weeks before sampling, but the remnants from the sample jar tasted good, but not overpowering. I hadn't realised at the time it was meant to be a US gallon (3.8 l) batch, I ended up making it closer to 5 litres and ended up with twelve 330 ml bottles.

Back