Blueberry wine recipe - wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guzzie

Reaction score
hi
I have been using the wine recipes on 'home brew answers' for a while but for some reason I keep failing using their blueberry wine recipe.

Does anyone have a tried and tested blueberry recipe (either on their own or with other fruit) I can try. I have 5kgs of blueberries in the freezer !!

thanks G

Sounds lovely!
What methodology did you use and what went wrong?
followed the website instructions
but the wine lacked taste and quality compared to the damsons, red and white currant wines I make using their recipes/instructions. Unfortunately the two batches I made I did not take a FG but both racked and left for some time before bottling. Thought someone on here might have a different method i can try. G

The method pours boiling sugar syrup over the blueberries; I would try and make like a jam with them, i.e. mash them, add sugar and some water and then boil for a few minutes to extract more flavour from the skins. You'll lose the freshness but get a lot more flavour out of them.

hi
I have been using the wine recipes on 'home brew answers' for a while but for some reason I keep failing using their blueberry wine recipe.

Does anyone have a tried and tested blueberry recipe (either on their own or with other fruit) I can try. I have 5kgs of blueberries in the freezer !!

thanks G
I've just labelled up a dozen bottles using the 'homebrewanswers' recipe. I'm no connoisseur, but it tastes pretty darned good to me! I used frozen blueberries from Lidl, and the only deviation from the recipe was to use half the amount of acid (i.e. 1 tsp per gallon), as 2 tsp seemed a bit much to me.

Back