Bottle Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rummynose27

Reaction score
Hey guys can I put beer into a bottle from a pressure barrel and would it keep n taste n stay carbonated etc??

Thanks guys. [emoji482]

Hey guys can I put beer into a bottle from a pressure barrel and would it keep n taste n stay carbonated etc??

Thanks guys. [emoji482]

Yes, but as not much carbonation will carry across you will need a small amount of priming sugar in each bottle. Half a teaspoon at most.

As Slid says it is certainly possible. It probably depends on when you want to drink it.

If you want to take some around a friends house and drink it that evening then just carefully pouring it into a bottle and capping it quickly will work and it might retain a little fizz but will be pretty flat. If the beer in the pressure barrel is warmish and then you chill it down in the bottle it will be even flatter.

If you want to bottle it for drinking later then add a small amount of sugar to each bottle and cap it, then leave it for a week or two in the warm and then move it somewhere cold to settle. That should be properly carbonated.

Thanks for replies fellas think I'll just wait til I make my next brew n do some bottles as well

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back