Bottle sediment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have just transferred my beer into a Keg I have checked the pressure it is at 5psi at the moment I only transferred it a a day or so ago at the moment it is siting in a warm room and the temp is 18c The suger I put in was between 85/90 grams the size of my keg is 48 pints and the level of the beer line in the keg is at just over 40 pints What should the PSI be at or is the presure I got OK?.

Hi I have just transferred my beer into a Keg I have checked the pressure it is at 5psi at the moment I only transferred it a a day or so ago at the moment it is siting in a warm room and the temp is 18c The suger I put in was between 85/90 grams the size of my keg is 48 pints and the level of the beer line in the keg is at just over 40 pints What should the PSI be at or is the presure I got OK?.
The fact that you have pressure after a day or two is a good sign, i.e. the yeast is working on the priming sugar and the CO2 generated is being contained in your PB, so the PB is unlikely to be leaking. 90g of sugar will give a good level of carbonation in your beer and you should get about half way down or a tad more before you need to reprime or add CO2. PBs are fitted with a simple relief device and any excess pressure will be released if there is too much pressure, which is unlikely if you only used 90g sugar. The relief pressure is set to be within your PB maximum working pressure which is likely to be 10 or 15 psig and should be stamped on the PB.

Latest posts

Back