Bottle Topped... Has anyone tried it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen these before ... though I wouldn't be too keen on a one gallon brew, and quite expensive at that. I think it's one of those offerings that sell well for occassions like father's or boyfriend's birthday.

Seem to remember I did buy a gallon brew kit in my early days (many years ago) and then went on to normal size batches. What always concerns me when the selling proposition mentions simple, easy and quick, can lead to disappointment.

They probably will produce a perfectly drinkable beer but its a pretty big premium for fancy packaging.

Small batch brewing is a great entry point for all grain brewing it’s how I started but much cheaper options are available. As klaus says these seem to be targeted at the gift market more than anything else.

It may be a big premium/bad value from our perspective, but as mentioned above it's probably after the men's gift market. It's selling the experience of making your own beer with relatively little hassle as much as selling you the beer/kit itself.

I totally agree with the idea they're aiming this as a gift. Some of the usual websites aren't too easy to navigate, and don't have that polished look that you might want if you're giving a gift.

I've put the stout on my Xmas list, so maybe I'll be trying one out soon all the same ⊙⁠.⁠☉

I've found this website selling 5l recipe kits, clearly aimed at the BIAB beginners market:

https://bottletopped.co.uk/
The kits are a bit pricey, but look quite tasty...

Have any of you tried them out?
Check out Cross My Loof for their kits. Some same size but half the price. They also have a bigger range of kits....and excellent customer service (possibly with a discount code via here). 👍

I was given such a kit, and was quite happy with the beer. It is a faff for just one gallon, but interesting. The fermenting bucket that came with it has gone on to several more brews and is currently hosting a freshly started gallon of blackberry wine.

I was given such a kit, and was quite happy with the beer. It is a faff for just one gallon, but interesting. The fermenting bucket that came with it has gone on to several more brews and is currently hosting a freshly started gallon of blackberry wine.
Did you get the bottling wand that fits directly to the tap... I thought that was a great idea... I've been using a long tube for ten years!

I'm glad it turned out well... 1x gal is a good volume for me... The more there is the quicker I drink :/

I've done 2 of there kits, there instructions were good.
But for both kits the yeast didn't fully ferment down, I spotted the 1st one but didn't test the 2nd before I started another brew so ended up with a 3% just drinkable beer....

I've done 2 of there kits, there instructions were good.
But for both kits the yeast didn't fully ferment down, I spotted the 1st one but didn't test the 2nd before I started another brew so ended up with a 3% just drinkable beer....
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for that

Latest posts

Back