Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H4rty82

Reaction score
I put out an email at work requesting any empty beer/cider bottles people may be throwing away, and was given 100 of the stubby beer bottles.

Does anyone here use these? I know they will be a pain to wash and sterilise as i would need to use so many of them but the reason i ask is they seem thinner than other bottles i have.

I don't want to bottle up and have a load of wasted beer when they start exploding!

Thanks

I have a load of budweisser 300ml bottles that I use for my strong beers. However I did originally use them for all my beers when I first started out with no problems.

I have got over 300 -50cl ex Effes beer bottles now and use them for all my brews including ciders and beer, recently bought a propper bench capper too as my hand held 'plastic' one snapped on one of the handles!. I can still use it as a back up but the bench mounted one is the dogs and as a bonus you can also cap champagne bottles with the correct attachment. :cheers:

The bottle capper is a life saver!

Ive started picking up bottles from my local and to start with was only taking the 500ml ones but am now quite liking the smaller ones for tasters when im getting inpatient lol

They should be fine I've used a couple of them as testers with my earlier batches.
The best way I found to get bottles quickly was to buy one of those litter pick up tools, the long one with crocodile like jaws then go to the nearest bottle banks and start 'fishing' some days you will get loads others days nothing and you dont know if you'll need the plastic bags you brought or not.

The easiest bottle banks are the bee shaped ones with the holes on the top

Brendan124 said:
They should be fine I've used a couple of them as testers with my earlier batches.
The best way I found to get bottles quickly was to buy one of those litter pick up tools, the long one with crocodile like jaws then go to the nearest bottle banks and start 'fishing' some days you will get loads others days nothing and you dont know if you'll need the plastic bags you brought or not.

The easiest bottle banks are the bee shaped ones with the holes on the top

So tell me, how did you escape Yorkshire?

Latest posts

Back