Bottling times

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartarcher

Reaction score
Am pritty new to brewing, so sorry for the newbie question.

Am looking to do a few brews for a summer bbq and have identified the 2 brews I am going to do for the occation. The brews will be the Festival Razorback IPA and the Milestone Lions Pride. However I only have the abilities to brew one at a time (only one fermenting vessel), before bottling.

I have read a thread, on here, that the Razorback does not want to be in the bottle for more than 2-3 months otherwise the hoppy flavour falls away. I was wondering how long the Milestone brew would keep for in the bottles, so I can see if I can brew it once the Razorback is bottled or whether I am better brewing and bottling the Milestone first.

Any advice greatly received.

It'll keep for at least 12 months. Also, whilst the hops may fade slightly I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

smartarcher said:

Am looking to do a few brews for a summer bbq and have identified the 2 brews I am going to do for the occation. The brews will be the Festival Razorback IPA and the Milestone Lions Pride. However I only have the abilities to brew one at a time (only one fermenting vessel), before bottling.

I have read a thread, on here, that the Razorback does not want to be in the bottle for more than 2-3 months otherwise the hoppy flavour falls away. I was wondering how long the Milestone brew would keep for in the bottles, so I can see if I can brew it once the Razorback is bottled or whether I am better brewing and bottling the Milestone first.

I am about to start these two beers also, been delivered today! best of luck with them

the golden heap said:
smartarcher said:

I am about to start these two beers also, been delivered today! best of luck with them

Just ordered them today so you will be a little ahead of me. You will have ro let me know how they go, so we can compare notes

Read the instructions both kits look good, the Razorpack has two bags if hops one larger then he other, and no mention of two packs in he instruction??
Gonna have a good read a good clean! And good look and st up of my new king keg!

Back