Brewferm Triple advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetMoFo

Reaction score
Hi all. I am about to make the Brewferm Triple kit for Christmas and as it is going to be 6 months before I drink it I want to make it as good as I can. I'm going to make my own candi sugar but other than that I was going to follow the Instructions. If anyone has any suggestions to improve this I would be greatful.

P.s. this will be my 4th brew so assume I am a fool and I will not be offended.

Having done a few of the brewferm kits, 4 at present, I can say don't expect it to look like the pic lol. Candied sugar certainly tasts better than using regular dextrose but I would say probably go with a dark candied sugar. I pitched the yeast on my second kit after giving it 10 min in a bath of pre boiled, allowed to cool to room temp, water and oh my word it pretty much shot off like a rocket. Also watch the head space on them. Every brewferm I have done so far needed plenty of head space as they like to foam up.

I am still a newbie myself but I have done enough of these brewferms to get a general feel for them now lol. Also the instructions are a generic set that is shared along all the brewferm kits. While I have had no issues with them so far I always take them with a pintch of salt. lol :D

Thanks for the advise. I read someware else to use light candi sugar but was always planning to make mine quite dark. I think this one is going to be a nice one :)

Currently drinking a Brewferm Triple and it's great. I made double the volume (with two kits) and am well pleased with it. On the down side, I bottled it in 500ml bottles... at 7.7% it's not for the feint hearted.

I did the framboos in 500ml bottles and put extra sugar in to try and boost the volume. However i made a woopsie and boosted the volume from the 5.5% is should be to 9.1%.... Woops lol.

critty said:
I did the framboos in 500ml bottles and put extra sugar in to try and boost the volume. However i made a woopsie and boosted the volume from the 5.5% is should be to 9.1%.... Woops lol.

And how did it taste?

Its good. The raspberry is not over powering and the extra fermnatables gives it a real kick. But oddly it doesn't taste strong if you know what I mean. Its very satisfying ans has a pleasent acidic bite on the tounge. I had 4 one night with a friend and we both were floored lol. But we didn't feel grotty the day after.

Critty was not kidding about the headroom. I added my yeast yesterday at about this time and today the lid had burst off my 5 gallon bucket. Perhaps doing 2 kits was not so wise after all. I would love to keep my eye on it but I'm off for 4 days with the family in the morning, oh well at least I'll only have to clean up when I get back and not every day.

Latest posts

Back