brewing in this heat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered brewing a saison? That yeast was made for the heat (well really the heat made the yeast!) but it means you can make use of the summer heat. It's a very versatile style as well, so you can do a hoppy saison, black saison, wheat saison etc.

Totally agree, just brew your favourite hoppy style of beer but use saison yeast.
Me and the misses are all over them at the moment, NEIPA'S are so last year..

Also going on the lager thing.. I had a pint of lager from a cask in one of my locals the other day that was fantastic. Not sure of the brewery but the lager was called gold finger, if you see it buy a pint or three really impressed:thumb:

Have you considered brewing a saison? That yeast was made for the heat (well really the heat made the yeast!) but it means you can make use of the summer heat. It's a very versatile style as well, so you can do a hoppy saison, black saison, wheat saison etc.

I keep reading a lot about saisons on this forum. So much so I bought a bottle recently of Sorachi Saison, brewed by Adnams to see if I like the style.
I think it is safe to say I won't be brewing one soon. It tasted of sun tan lotion. No thanks.

I keep reading a lot about saisons on this forum. So much so I bought a bottle recently of Sorachi Saison, brewed by Adnams to see if I like the style.
I think it is safe to say I won't be brewing one soon. It tasted of sun tan lotion. No thanks.

I'm gonna be controversial here and say Adnams are a pretty average brewery. I know there are a lot of people on this forum who would make love to their beers if they could, but that's my opinion.

Try a Saison Dupont, that's the quintessential saison ans is usually quite readily available. Any other French or Belgian saison would probably be good as well.

Sorachi Ace is a good hop for a saison and Brooklyn Brewery do a good Sorachi Ace saison, although IIRC it's pretty strong at 7%+.

Adnams probably didn't make a great saison but I'd recommend trying some others first.

Latest posts

Back