Brewzilla Issue: Preset not 'pausing'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a BZ 3.1.1

I've been using it without issue for just under 2 years.

I will very often set the preset to preheat the water with a time offset of, say, 10 hours, so I set it all up the night before and by the time I get up, the strike water is up to temp.

Last night, I came to do the same, but as soon as I pressed Play, the elements switched on. They would normally do nothing until the timer had counted down the, say, 10 hours. [Edit to add, it does the same in both automatic modes]

I re-read the section in the manual, even though it's not that hard and I have been using it this way for ages. I also made sure that the other presets were set to 00:00 so they would be ignored.

Has anyone heard of this issue / fault? Is there something obvious I may have missed in setting it up?

I have email BKT and I am awaiting their reply, but I thought I'd ask here in case anyone else has experienced this behaviour.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I recall that you need to set the initial step temp to a lower figure than ambient and for the 10 hours and as long as the water is always higher than target the elements stay off,. Is this still the case ?

My recollection is this:

Set auto mode.

A single Stage is configured. All others have a time of 00:00 which means they are ignored.

Let's say current water temp in the BZ is 12c

Set the desired temp e.g. 72c

Let's say the time now is 21:00

Set the time to 10:00

Turn on the 1900w switch.

Press Play.

Nothing happens for 10 hours. At 07:00 the 1900w element comes on and heats to 72c.

Entirely happy to be corrected if my recollection is incorrect but that's also how I read the manual. I think :rolleyes:

Back