Bri's AG AG4 and the ones after that

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
As I'm rapidly doing AG brews I thought it just right to stop adding every single AG brew I do, but instead add them all to this one...hope this makes sense as I am a bit of a idiot :lol:
anyways AG4..
a Milk Choc Stout with a few changes.
Battled away with trying to get the water purification nipped with a massive help from our Fisherman, thax my m8 great help.
as I really love the taste of MCS1 I fiddled with less hops and played about with less carapils n lactose, boiled down aprox 2l of wart and added gypsum & salt to the mash and boil as helped by fisherman.
I had already done a Alkaline test and fired it to him and apart from not having CRS etc. my water was better than last time.
As usual now I am aquainted with volumes,temp etc of the kit and sticking with 23L it is all coming together great...
kept the marris otter the same and adjusted the crystal black malt and added pale malt.
east goldings at 60mins, gypsum n salt followed by lactose at 15mins warfloc and the chiller.
I included the 2l of wart to end up with as usual 27L pre boil, 24L fame out and 23L at Yeast pitching temp.
Unfortinately the only yeast I had in was WLP005 English Ale, instead of the WLP004 Irsh ale I used the last time.
mind you if its owt like the last batch and bubbled withing a few hrs I am going to employ a blow tube.
Having a sneaky drink of my first AG brew a Sierra Nevada pale ale, and I like it that much it doesn't take the brains of an Arch bishop to work out what my next AG brew is gonna be.
Once again thanks for rewading and comments criticism etc will be tret with a smile a ohhhhhhhhhhhh!! never thought of that and just maybe's a "Brian you £$%t!"
ATB
Bri

pittsy said:
Sounds like ag4 went well , i hope it's a good 1 for you

yeah my m8, SWEET!
thx for replying pal.
Really enjoyed that brew, I know I say it about the others but that was different with getting the water situation right etc it all fell into place.
ATB
Bri

Been out of the scene for a long time due to a health scare, but managed to get back into Homebrewing after helping my pal successfully do two batches ready for Christmas and got my juices going again.
Once I can get all my AG setup together that has been in two different storage lockups I will be Making a 'Sandgroper Tripel a belguim tripel of around 10% ABV.
so watch this space....
ATB
Brian

Latest posts

Back