Bruno Langley

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was listening to an interview on 5 live a few weeks ago where some women were discussing how being groped was an everyday event at concerts and they very rarely reported it as nothing could be done, i guess this may change their minds.

_98533089_todd_grimshaw.jpg

Coronation Street star Bruno Langley charged with sex assaults

Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has been charged with two counts of sexual assault.

Police were called to reports that a woman in her 30s had been sexually assaulted at a music venue in Manchester on 1 October.

Mr Langley, 34, of Altrincham, who played Todd Grimshaw, is due to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court on 28 November.

The actor left the soap following an internal inquiry, ITV said.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said the force "received a report that a woman in her 30s had been sexually assaulted at a music venue on Swan Street in the Northern Quarter".

In a statement on Sunday, Mr Langley confirmed he had left Coronation Street but denied any claims of wrongdoing.

He said: "Sadly, I will no longer be working on Coronation Street. Acting on the show has been the fulfilment of a personal dream.

"I will make a further statement in due course, and when I am able to do so."

The actor played Todd Grimshaw, the first openly gay character in the soap's 57-year history, after first joining the programme in 2001.

He also appeared on two episodes of Doctor Who in 2005.

It is understood that Mr Langley's contract with the show ended on 26 October following an inquiry.

BBC.

Sir Patrick Moore once said "good morning" to me in a jolly way on a BBC corridor. Didn't try to sexually assault me at all even though I was only in my early 20s. Phew! Think I had a lucky escape there.

Latest posts

Back